No products were found matching your selection.
Buy Angrakha Kurti Online for Women & Girls At Best Price
Want something flowy and light this summer? Tired of Anarkali style Kurtis? If yes then it is time for you to indulge in an Angrakha Kurti online shopping spree. The Angrakha style Kurti has raged war in the fashion realm with its casual yet eclectic effect. The vividness of the cloth emphasised by the aesthetically pleasing textuality of it, it has rather become a statement for any fashionista to have at least one pair of the angrakha kurta to have in their wardrobe.
While many have chosen to indulge in the purchase of an alkali, a-line Kurti and dresses, the newness of the angrakha Kurta has emerged as a fresh breath in the fashion industry. With the design of the kurta being recognised by many consumers, the custom that had grasped almost three countries with its beauty is marked to make a comeback again.
The reasons why angrakha Kurti is one of the best options that many buyers are going with is not because of the antiquities that has been present for a long time, but because of the way it has the adaptability to be paired with almost anything. It not only allows you to showcase your creativity by mixing and matching a variety of different clothes but provides you with enough freedom to utilize it however you want.
Be it as a knee-length western dress or as a part of the traditional dress, the flexibility of the angrakha style Kurti has surpassed all types of Kurtis. In this article, we will share with you everything that is there to know about Angrakha-style Kurti so that you can keep yourself up to the trend by finding a suitable piece for yourself.
What Is Angrakha Style Kurta?
The term “Angrakha” refers to the upper garment worn by the men of the Indian subcontinent. The cloth has its roots laid in ancient India which however has been adapted by Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan as well. The long-term tradition which has been here for at least hundreds of years showcases two overlapping clothes, known as angrakha blouses, tied to the left or right shoulder.
Generally, it used to be the court outfit that a person used to simply wrap themselves after wearing something. It was worn in many principalities of the Indian subcontinent, providing the people with much ease and flexibility to move.
However, the contemporary version of the said Kurta has transcended the boundaries set by the norms of genders as nowadays it is more worn by women than any men. Not only that but the design of the sets of Kurta has been changed too. Some styles of the angrakha kurta can be very short, up until the thighs, which many Gujaratis and Rajasthani men prefer to wear during traditional festivities.
While, thanks to the progressive designs and inventive designers, the angrakha blouse designs for women generally are longer than what one would find for men. They normally have a knee-length size or ankle-length size as it can be worn as both traditional and westernized wear. The application of the angrakha kurta can be found to fill the role of a long coat or a long tunic tied to either shoulder. One can utilize it as a jacket or tops.
Angrakha Kurti Design
The variation of angrakha Kurta design depends solely on the place it is introduced in. The cultural aspect matters in the case of designs and variability. In Gujarat and Rajasthan, the traditionally worn angrakha Kurta is somewhat shorter in length and has a wider lower cut like that of a ghagra. Generally, the upper part of the Kurta which is known as the blouse has a straight cut whereas the lower part flares out providing it with an eclectic mix of designs.
Another variation of the design appears to be like a shirt, that is generally worn under apparel. Sometimes, depending on the cultural and historical context, it is referred to as a short calico vest with sleeves that only descends to the haunches. It is tied to one side rather than being tied to one.
The angrakha style Kurti online has accumulated the best of both worlds. By mixing the straight cut seen in the blouse and the flared bottom that generates from the waist, the contemporary creation has taken up a similar aesthetic appearance to that of the Anarkali Kurti. While many variations of the Kurta are found online, you will see pieces that were influenced by different cultures.
Some of the variations of angrakha style Kurti design are Chamba angrakha, Mirjai, Kalidhar Angakhar, Panjabi angrakha and many more. While the basic layout of the apparel is the same, that is a straight A-cut with a swivel downside, however, the design, the amount of the swivel varies depending on the cultural context.
Nonetheless, it doesn’t mean that the flexibility of the traditional angrakha Kurti designs will be compromised. You can easily pair it with anything that would suit the material. As long as the materiality of the apparel goes, it can be made with cotton, georgette, silk and other materials that are fully breathable. The designs of the neck are generally deeply cut or primarily shaped as V, while the sleeves vary from sleeveless, to short, to ¾ size.
Where To Buy The Angrakha Kurti?
To purchase an angrakha Kurta set, you can choose to rely on two options. Meaning that there are generally two places where you can get the best angrakha Kurti.
- The first place to do it is by going on an angrakha Kurti online shopping There are plenty of online shopping sites where you will find thousands of choices to shop from. Compared to the conventional shop, their availability and accessibility are more convenient and worthwhile.
- The other way to find the unique angrakha style Kurta design is by purchasing it from a boutique store. While the wholesale seller is the best place to find daily wear Kurtis, you might not find the best that is out there. To find the best quality with unique aesthetics, head to a clothing boutique store.
Types of Angrakha Style Kurti for Women
The listed variations of Angrakha Kurti are trending nowadays. Take notes of all these types of Kurta to horde it right away.
- Angrakha style straight Kurti: The straight version of this Kurti has a simple layout. With a cut that is laid in the form of the letter A, the swivel on the kurta isn’t much. That is why you should consider pairing it with nothing but ankle-length cigarette style pants. It does not have the complications of the heavily worked and traditionally inspired angrakha Kurti, so you can wear it for any casual outing with minimum make up.
- Angrakha style short Kurti: This variation of Kurti is best suited with a pair of ankle-length jeans. As the Kurti is short, most probably up to your thighs, you can utilize the length well with blue jeans. Ensure that the Kurti is colorful and does not have that indicated works of jari art. Pair it with bangles and watch to tone down the vividness. The angrakha Kurti with jeans is the best example of India meets the west.
- Designer angrakha Kurtis: The designer angrakha Kurti is better worn in events like weddings, puja or any traditional occasions. As the rich texture and aesthetics of the clothes will match the atmosphere well, you have to ensure that you pair them with something that is very sombre and simple. If the colour of the Kurti is vibrant, you have to use light coloured pants or leggings to complement the look. Ensure that the makeup isn’t that bold to complete the look.
- Angrakha Anarkali Kurti: What is better than just the angrakha Kurti? The angrakha Kurti with the patterns of Anarkali. If you want the individuality and richness of the angrakha design with the simplicity of the Anarkali Kurti, this is the option you should go with. For this variation, we recommend using an option that focuses on delivering minimal design. Like Samantha stitched work or brocade design will complement the whole thing.
- White angrakha Kurti: White angrakha Kurti is very breathable and light. To highlight the beauty of this particular dress, you have to choose the right orni and the pants. We recommend choosing a vibrant coloured orni with chunri-patterned designs and matching coloured leggings to go with the whole dress. It will complete the dress. As the dress is lightly assembled, you have to ensure that the makeup isn’t too nude.
- Cotton angrakha Kurta: Nothing is better than cotton clothes that have the most breathability when it comes to materiality. The beauty of the cotton angrakha Kurti lies in the simplicity of it. To yield the right result, we recommend pairing it with ankle-length pants or leggings. Pairing it with palazzo wouldn’t complement the whole look. You can choose to pair it with nude makeup and slippers.
The key to nailing the look with angrakha Kurti is pairing it perfectly with the right bottom. Always keep in mind that angrakha Kurti and palazzo do not go well together as both have a swiveling accent below. Nonetheless, if you pair it well, you will have achieved a look that will look phenomenal.